Sunday, February 28, 2010

still. haven't. packed.

I am the type of person that has doubts. I have a tendency to second-guess every decision I ever make and overanalyze every. single. thing. I also question. As with most of my confessions in my grand total of 4 posts, I am not proud of any of these traits...it just seems to make more sense to explain myself a little.

With all of that being said, I keep waiting for some panic attack to strike or for something to hit me and suddenly make me become nervous about leaving. That hasn't happened yet, and for that I am very grateful. I have felt a sense of peace throughout the entire process, and I really do find comfort in knowing that I am doing what I'm supposed to do. Not that everything in life should be comfortable or easy, but it does help to know that I am not questioning the decisions I have made.

Like I've mentioned before, everything has almost fallen into place thus far. On top of a great 14 months (this is how long it's been since I 1st started the application process), I have enjoyed a wonderful last 2 months at home...visiting friends and spending quality time with people. Some of my friends threw me a going-away party last night, and I could not have been more excited to spend one last night with so many people that I love! It was the perfect send-off and just another reminder that I have been blessed with amazing friends.

Ok so another confession. I saw this basic outline of the next few months on one of my fellow future volunteer's blog. ("future" as in 2 days away...crazy.) And I stole it. Honestly I am not even sure how she found out about a lot of this information (go figure. Not on top of things)...it seemed like a helpful guideline to have and share with my mom aka my only reader. Shout out, mom.

Staging
March 2 : Travel to Washington DC (keep it real in the nation's capital- that was my own personal touch...didn't have to steal a line like that)
March 3 : 12:30 to 7pm Registration and what I can expect
March 4 : 3:45am Check out of hotel; 8:25am travel to Santo Domingo

Arriving in DR
March 4 : 3:40pm Arrive in Santo Domingo
..................Travel to a Retreat Center an hour outside of Santo Domingo
March 5 : Travel to my host family's home

Training
March - May : I will be trained intensively in Spanish (4 hrs a day), sector development projects, regions of the Dominican Republic, teacher training workshops, interactive teaching methodologies, interviews, and youth ICT meetings. During this training I will be based in Santo Domingo, for 5 weeks however I will travel to the interior of the country for field Community Based Training (CBT)

Thanks, future friend, for the copy/paste. Now going back to the post's title, I still have not packed. Tonight's the night. Leaving early early early on Tuesday, so it would be smart to have something to take with me. 2 more days!! So excited.

2 comments:

  1. Packed yet? I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow! So thankful I got to spend time with you this week. Safe travels! Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different person have different taste and different choice, everybody wanna grow. You can see the best results in home staging field can earn extra money in this field.



    Home staging Certification

    ReplyDelete