Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm in love.

Yes, that's right. I thought it would never happen, but it's true...I'm in love!

Sorry for those of you who thought there was going to be something interesting or juicy in this post. C'mon y'all should know that I'm not that exciting. But I AM in love with a HOUSE!!! That's almost as exciting, right? She has been a small controversy in the town, so I am curious to hear what anyone thinks. So without further ado, here she is in all of her glory...





Cute, huh? Well, I don't really care what anyone else thinks to be honest. It has kinda become a joke around town that I want this house. My project partner keeps telling me that it's dangerous, it will make me look poor (which I am here? his point is...?), and that people could stick their hands through the rotting wood to rob me. Blah, blah, blah. Everyone laughs when he tells them that that's where I want to live, but I think it has a humble, yet sophisticated charm. It's quaint, really. Even the concrete slaughter-house type thing that is connected to it makes me excited. I already decorated it in my head!

The problem is that, when one of the head honcho peace corps guys visited, everyone at my work tattled on me and my desire for that house. He sided with them?! and said that I really should heed their advice and find a place that is not isolated or falling apart. :o(

I've always known that I was stubborn, but I swear living here has brought it out even more. For a while after that conversation with Domingo, I only wanted that house even more. I have looked at other places (which I will post pics of eventually), and I know that I am going to have to find a place that will pass housing check...but my heart belongs to this one and its slaughter house.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very "quaint", but PLEASE listen to their warnings...you want to be somewhere safe and not isolated. Keep looking and you will find somewhere that you love even more and that will get PC approval :o) Wish I could be there to help you look and move in. Love and miss you so much!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the house, but PLEASE listen to the locals & PC. PC has a responsibility for your & many others safety. Even when their employees are thinking more with their heart than their brain. This house is sounding like that puppy and you are feeling sorry for it. I thought the gun deal would wake you up, that you are living in a dangerous place. Why do you think most if not all homes have bars on the doors & windows. Maybe the locals know something that you don't, yet. Sorry, the daddy in me is coming out. Please be smart & be safe. Love you & miss you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. In a foreign country you need to start losing some of that stubborness and replace it with more common sense. I'm sorry your mother & I gave you a double dose of it. But you need to make more decisions with your brain and not your heart. Sorry but this really bothers me. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete