Saturday, March 20, 2010

Volunteer visit!

The volunteer visit is going really well! This has definitely been one of my favorite parts of training so far. We are at the computer center where she works, so it is nice to be able to use the computer for a second FOR FREE!

We have done so much in the 3 days that I have been here. I will post pictures soon, but we have already done the following: saw a fire (people were burning trash and a whole area of land caught on fire...house almost caught on fire...crazy), had 2 Spanish classes with her students and one Kids Club, visited the school, visited Santiago, went to a Costco-type place, had sushi and dessert, shopped, and went to a wedding!! The wedding was last night, and it was a blast. The reception started at 7 (aka 9:00 "Dominican time") and we did not actually eat until about 11:30. We stayed until 1am and had a blast.

Tonight we might go into the city to see Alica in Wonderland...I am so excited!

G2G eat lunch...Adios!

3 comments:

  1. Grandma Hoing really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your pictures!! Love and miss you! Can't wait until the next update :o)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you get to go to weddings?!!? thats it. I'm joining the peace corps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. I feel like I'm almost there. Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete